2.6.35 Radeon KMS power management regression?

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 02:23:46 EST

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried to hibernate while using Radeon KMS and a tree with Dave's post 2.6.34 patches? My 32 bit P4 based system (with an RV250 card) is hanging at the atomic copy, with the following backtrace

hibernation_snapshot
dpm_suspend_start
async_synchronize_full
async_synchronize_cookie
async_synchronize_cookie_domain

I've been trying to bisect, but this computer is being painfully slow, so I haven't been making much progress. 2.6.34 with the same config is fine, and my bisection progress so far seems to be pointing at the merge I mentioned above.

Nigel