resource piix4_smbus conflicts with ACPI region SMRG

From: Richard Tillmore
Date: Mon May 31 2010 - 18:13:48 EST

Hi,

I was running 2.6.30 until I had time to update. Being a long weekend
I upgraded to 2.6.34-rc6 and noticed a few new messages in dmesg. I
then installed 2.6.34 and the messages remain.

PCI: Ignoring host bridge windows from ACPI; if necessary, use
"pci=use_crs" and report a bug
ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000:00)

ACPI: resource piix4_smbus [io 0x0440-0x0447] conflicts with ACPI
region SMRG [??? 0x00000440-0x0000044f flags 0x47]
ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use
it instead of the native driver

The system is a Tyan Tiger S1832 motherboard with a P3 850Mhz
processor running the latest bios. Everything appears to work
properly so I am unsure what the messages mean beyond the obvious. I
did a little research and was wondering if this is related to the no
bootmem patches. I have:
CONFIG_NO_BOOTMEM=y
in my .config

I have the full dmesgs from 2.6.30, 2.6.34-rc6 and 2.6.34 if you need
to see them. I can also post my config if requested.

Thanks,
Rich