Re: Clock jumps

From: Bernhard Schmidt
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 18:00:51 EST

On 27.05.2010 21:08, john stultz wrote:

Hi John,

I'd be very interested in hearing more about the host side issue. So
this happened with the same kernel that you were using before, with no
trouble?

Correct.

Could you also send dmesg output from this boot? And if you can find
any older dmesg logs to compare with, send those too?

See http://users.birkenwald.de/~berni/temp/dmesg-lenny and http://users.birkenwald.de/~berni/temp/dmesg-squeeze . Although running on the same kernel binary the initrd changed greatly when upgrading, so ordering/timing between those two is off.

Note that the dmesg output is captured right after boot. I think I remember seeing a "TSC unstable" message pretty soon after boot, but I might be mixing it up with my other AMD-based KVM server. I don't hold normal (non-boot) logs that long, so I can't tell for sure.

If you need any more info feel free to contact me.

Bernhard