Re: config automatically switches from 32-bit to 64-bit for x86

From: Matthias Schniedermeyer
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 11:28:58 EST

On 27.05.2010 02:13, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Thursday 27 May 2010, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to build 32 bit kernel image on 64-bit machine but after
> > 'make menuconfig' it automatically switches 32-bit to 64-bit.
>
> Try 'linux32 make menuconfig' and 'linux32 make'.

I personally use the third ARCH (i386 and x86_64 beeing the first two):
make ARCH=x86
that way the bitness isn't implied but an actual configuration-point.
CONFIG_64BIT (The very first menu-point with menuconfig)

And i'm still wondering what the hell the problem is with ARCH=x86 that
prevents it from beeing the default.

Bis denn