Re: [Patch 1/1] x86 pci: Add option to not assign BAR's if not alreadyassigned

From: Mike Travis
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 22:25:56 EST

... We're somewhat fortunate in that our Legacy I/O
devices are confined to those on the first blade, and all of these
other devices are on other blades (PCI segments 1+).

By "somewhat" I meant we'd be way more fortunate without the
legacy I/O devices at all! But hpa is right, 4 lines of
assembler is way better than (900?) lines of C.

My feeling is that if a CPU needs legacy i/o it should be
built into the chip. HAH! ;-)

The BIOS should just list the machine resources, in a
"non-BIOS" way, (oh wait, that's ACPI! :*)

Cheers!