Re: [git pull] Input updates for 2.6.34-rc6

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 10:56:00 EST

I've done some experimentation under qemu. On ACPI systems, Windows will
*only* touch the keyboard controller if there's a device with an
appropriate PNP HID or CID and if _STA evaluates to 0x0b or 0x0f.
Otherwise it'll simply ignore the hardware entirely. By the looks of it
their keyboard probing is also somewhat different to ours, but that's
probably another story.

However, I did find a couple of device IDs that machines may produce
which we don't currently check for. I'll send a patch.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx