Re: [git pull] Input updates for 2.6.34-rc6

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Thu May 13 2010 - 17:05:58 EST

On Thursday 13 May 2010 12:40:43 pm Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2010, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > You don't have anything plugged into the ports though, do you?
>
> No. It's a modern machine. But the port is there, and we've been very good
> at booting up and finding keyboards later (I've done it myself - headless
> machines that you hotplug a PS/2 keyboard into: it's not necessarily
> technically something you're supposed to do, but it has worked fine for
> me).
>
> > I wonder what your DSDT looks like.

[... pulling LKML back in...]

Lookie, lookie:

Device (PS2K)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0303"))
Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP030B"))
Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
{
ShiftLeft (One, 0x0A, Local0)
If (And (IOST, Local0))
{
Return (0x0F)
}

Return (Zero)
}

Device (PS2M)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0F03"))
Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0F13"))
Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
{

But I guess because there are no devices plugged in ACPI they are "inactive"
and thus ACPI drop them. I was always wondered by ACPI did that. Len?

--
Dmitry