Re: DRM Error on Acer Aspire One

From: Chris Wilson
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 18:41:06 EST

On Wed, 12 May 2010 08:22:49 +1000, Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd rather we just backout the hangcheck stuff touching copies at all
> at this point, and try again doing it properly with a slow work or
> something for later.

>From my point of view, the information provided by the hangcheck has been
invaluable for delving into and fixing some obnoxious driver bugs. I
suspect its honeymoon period is now over - those bugs that it could
detect easily have been fixed (I hope). In order to capture the relevant
information for later chipset generations, we will need to parse the
command stream and include auxiliary buffers. So whilst I would prefer to
see this in a release so that I can easily diagnose bug reports, I accept
that there is more work to be done and will HTFU.