Re: Marvell eSATA - 88SE6121 on Asus M3A79-T Deluxe - not in AHCI

From: Phil Reynolds
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 12:53:40 EST

Quoting "Phil Turmel" <pturmel-kernel@xxxxxxxxxx>:

I have a similar chipset in my office server: 88SE6145. If yours can run
in AHCI mode, you just need "ahci.marvell_enable=1" on your kernel command
line, or "options ahci marvell_enable=1" in your modprobe.conf. (I have
ahci built-in, and no initramfs, so I put the option in my grub.conf.)

Tried in grub.conf already, no success... will try the modprobe.conf way in case of differing mileage.

My Marvell chipset has both SATA and PATA ports... the PATA ports are
non-functional when the ahci driver runs the chipset. Your mileage may
vary.

I gather the PATA port on my board is on the Southbridge instead - but I don't use it anyway.

--
Phil Reynolds
email: phil-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx