Re: platform_bus: Allow runtime PM by default

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 20:15:59 EST

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 05:42:50PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> Currently the default runtime PM callbacks for platform devices return
> -ENOSYS, preventing the use of runtime PM platforms until they have
> provided at least a default implementation. This hinders the use of
> runtime PM by devices which work with many platforms such as memory
> mapped devices, MFDs and on chip IPs shared by multiple architectures.
>
> Change the default implementation to the standard pm_generic_runtime
> one, allowing drivers to use runtime PM without per-architecture
> changes.

That's nice, but it breaks the build on my system:
CC drivers/base/platform.o
drivers/base/platform.c: In function âplatform_pm_runtime_suspendâ:
drivers/base/platform.c:970: error: implicit declaration of function âpm_generic_runtime_suspendâ
drivers/base/platform.c: In function âplatform_pm_runtime_resumeâ:
drivers/base/platform.c:975: error: implicit declaration of function âpm_generic_runtime_resumeâ
drivers/base/platform.c: In function âplatform_pm_runtime_idleâ:
drivers/base/platform.c:980: error: implicit declaration of function âpm_generic_runtime_idleâ
make[1]: *** [drivers/base/platform.o] Error 1
make: *** [_module_drivers/base] Error 2

Care to fix it up?

thanks,

greg k-h