Re: Low-Level and Long-Term Battery Control

From: Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 05:25:31 EST

> Anyway, this is done by smartbattery, not by OS.

I've found this for IBM laptops :
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Tp_smapi#Battery_charge_control_features

The features exist in windows for Sony Vaio laptops as the users say here
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=288638

And it seems the same for Acer.

But it is very strange that only some companies exposes such features.
We can't find a way to do that by some reverse engineering ?
How does the lm_sensors guys discovering sensors in laptops ?
http://www.lm-sensors.org/

Any way, I always think that it can be controlled in some way, but we
don't have a public api explained for that.

M-I