Filesystem page cache hit rate for tuning performance of VFS page cache?

From: Kevin Burton
Date: Wed Apr 21 2010 - 22:37:52 EST

I'm trying to find out a way to tune the Linux VFS page cache.

A number of caching systems like memcached, MySQL/InnoDB page cache
export stats which can help you determine how efficient you are with
memory.

The key values I need are number of hits from the page cache and total
requests to the page cache.

These should just continually increment and rollover until we run out
of unsigned long space (2^64).

Is it possible to do this with Linux? I'm pretty sure it's not.....
I would LOVE to be proven wrong.

I'll buy anyone a beer who solves this problem for me :)

http://groups.google.com/group/spinn3r-announce

http://groups.google.com/group/spinn3r

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA