Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 - Please resolve duplicates

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 18:58:41 EST

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snipped>
>> I have opened the duplicate information for students to all of your
>> orgs. If you view your student proposals now the ones that are ranked
>> to be accepted that are duplicated with another org will be marked in
>> red. If you click on the proposal you will see the contact information
>> for the other organization(s)'s admins near the bottom of the
>> proposal.

<snipped>
> Have a pointer to the web site to do this?

I think the idea from the original announcement is for each pair of
organizations with duplicate applications, to contact each other, for
one of the organization to drop the student's application so the other
one can proceed. e.g. if a student applies to both linux foundation
and gnome (for example), the linux foundation admin should contact the
gnome admin to decide which organization to take the student (and
which one to withdraw. As for the question itself, somewhere under:
- http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2010