Re: Network activity after route changes

From: Matt
Date: Sun Apr 18 2010 - 12:45:34 EST

On 18/04/10 12:15, Oleg Kutkov wrote:
Hello.
I try to send and receive ethernet packets on very low level in my kernel module.
When i change (add or delete entry) routin table (via route command) my network is freeze for ~15 seconds and my application can't send and receive any packets.
Is it normal or bug somewhere in my application?
Can i change this behavior of route system? Maybe change some timeouts, or immediately flush route (rt_flush() ?) table?

Depending on your routing configuration the change may be causing the problem. Have you tried flushing the route cache (as opposed to the main routing table)?

# ip route flush table cache

matt