Re: open sockets from task_struct

From: Jonathan Campbell
Date: Sun Apr 18 2010 - 04:12:38 EST

Get the Linux kernel source and look at what the procfs filesystem is doing to get that information. Look under fs/proc.
fs/proc/base.c(2508) seems to contain the inode structures for /proc/pid/fd and /proc/pid/fdinfo, locate the inode operations
structure and locate the functions. Drill down through the function calls and you'll eventually find how to read what
file handles are open. A quick glance tells me that the calls go several layers deep including a call through a function pointer passed in one of the parameters, "instantiate", hopefully that won't be a problem for you.