Re: Your AUFS donation will be doubled by Tomas M

From: Hans-Peter Jansen
Date: Sat Apr 17 2010 - 07:57:30 EST

Dear Tomas,

On Thursday 15 April 2010, 14:24:54 Tomas M wrote:
> Hello all aufs users,
> this is Tomas M, the author of Slax and Linux Live scripts.
>
> I am using AUFS in my open source projects and I need AUFS to
> be developed as long as possible. At the same time I realize that
> it is very hard task to keep the code up to date with recent Kernel
> changes.
>
> So I decided to do something to help aufs stay in business:
> When you donate to AUFS, I will double your donation from my pocket.
> Read more here: http://www.slax.org/aufs.php
>
> Yes you see it right. For every dollar you donate, I'm putting another
> dollar
> from my own money to support AUFS and it's developer Junjiro Okajima,
> up to $2000 per month. This is it. This is the best time to donate,
> right now.

Words can't express my feelings about your fundraising campaign for Junjiro.
It's plain unbelievable. Gorgeous. Admirable. Magnificent.

You rock. Thank you.

I never felt better for spending a donation before. Junjiro is doing a great
job for such a long time now, he really deserves it.

> Everybody who can't donate himself, please at least spread this message
> everywhere you can. Thank you.

BTW, nobody is stopping YOU for doing both ;-)

> Thank you Junjiro for AUFS!

AUFS: No other project changed my usage pattern of Linux that drastically to
the GOOD than this. It's a real pity, that certain forces from the Linux
headquarter are such boneheads, when it comes to filesystem layering! :-(

Obviously, in the twisted mazes of VFS, they loose track of the real forces,
that filesystem unification constitutes to their users, an most users don't
know either. I do use aufs to solve real world problems, that are hard or
impossible to solve otherwise, but even I only scratch on the surface of
the potentials of this technology in general. What a pity.

> Tomas M
> www.slax.org

All forces to _both_ of you,
Pete