RE: Power consumption on 802.11 / ASPM / device measurements

From: David Quan
Date: Fri Apr 16 2010 - 16:03:51 EST

it is a very complicated issue.
Different system have different limitation.
it is not a one size fits all.

So we let the BIOS of each system with the different chipset control this, and we work with that team
to make sure the correct settings work together for both RC and endpoint.

It should not be controlled by the endpoint as endpoint can get plug into many different systems and endpoint
will not know the limitations of each system/chipset in the system.

I highly recommend you all not to touch the aspm settings from the endpoint, point of view and let the system bios
do what it has been programmed to do.

David