Re: sched_clock - microblaze

From: Michal Simek
Date: Fri Apr 16 2010 - 05:12:01 EST

Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Friday 16 April 2010, Michal Simek wrote:
Why is sched_clock called in init_idle? Do you get any non zero value on any ARCH?

Yes, some architectures return a real-time value here that starts before boot.
Also, when the clock starts at boot time, there can be a significant time
spent in the firmware and early kernel code before we get to init_idle.

ok. I will return 0 before timer initialization.

Thanks for explanation,
Michal

Arnd

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
PetaLogix - Linux Solutions for a Reconfigurable World