Re: USB transfer_buffer allocations on 64bit systems

From: Alan Stern
Date: Thu Apr 15 2010 - 11:20:51 EST

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:

> I enabled CONFIG_DMAR_BROKEN_GFX_WA=y and the result is the same. A
> delay in the boot process and usb devices don't work properly,
> including my USB mouse.
>
> Strange, since you have the same platform as me. The extra usb devices
> you were seeing are because of my docking station - but it makes no
> difference whether I'm docked or not for the purposes of the original
> bug or this situation right now. The dmesg I'm attaching is without
> the computer being docked.

It's not possible to determine the reason for the timeout errors
between timestamps 16 and 53 from the small amount of debugging
information in the log. Clearly something is going wrong with the
communication between the computer and the EHCI controller. And
clearly the kernel config changes are responsible.

But I don't know what to do to track it down any farther.

Alan Stern