Re: high iowait problem(Bug 12309 on bugzilla.kernel.org)

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 - 10:27:25 EST

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Andrew> I'm seeing just one device-mapper change whcih went in over that
Andrew> timeframe:

Andrew> : commit e0f5cfa7c18b411634e73923841eccd3a4c0ce7f
Andrew> : Author: Martin K. Petersen <martin.petersen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Andrew> : Date: Mon Jan 11 03:21:50 2010 -0500
Andrew> :
Andrew> : DM: Fix device mapper topology stacking

The topology changes do not modify anything in our runtime I/O path.
They only come into play during filesystem or logical volume creation on
top of devices that support reporting alignment/physical block size.
And you need recent dm and filesystem utilities for that to work.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering