Re: Optimal refresh rate for minimal psychovisual noise,and tuning the kernel for it.

From: Uwaysi Bin Kareem
Date: Tue Apr 13 2010 - 11:33:15 EST

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 04:02:40 +0200, Uwaysi Bin Kareem <uwaysi.bin.kareem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I summed up the main points of this, in an article. Please do read.

http://www.paradoxuncreated.com/articles/Millennium/Millennium.html

Peace Be With You.

Hello.

In an attempt to follow up, on this article, I would like to see if I can further tune the system, with renice
or chrt (or schedtool.)

So I was wondering if you, or if you can point me to a place, where I can find information on common processes in a linux system, (I am using Ubuntu LL at the moment), and which of these are related to audiovisual performance, and which of these I can safely renice to 14, without affecting audiovisual performance. I would also like to know, if I should change the scheduling type, of any of the processes.

From what I understand of processing and scheduling, some processes should run first, aka realtime, and consume the cpu it needs, and then "casual" tasks, who do regular duties, not related to audiovisual performance, for a certain timeslice, or virtual cpu, and then the intensive tasks, who consume as much cpu as they can.

I would like to try and follow such a mindset with renicing and scheduling tweaks.

Peace Be With you.