2.6.34-rc3++ looses PS2 keyboard eventually in xterms

From: Hans-Peter Jansen
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 - 18:40:54 EST

Hi,

after switching to 2.6.34-rc3 with follow ups added up to 5e11611a (e.g.
including the tty fix), I still suffer from "loosing" my PS2 keyboard
eventually during work in xterms (which I do use a lot). Everything else,
ssh'ing from remotes, mouse operations, even mouse clicks into xterms is
still functional, e.g. I'm able to quit htop by clicking on F10. Just every
direct keyboard input is lost, without a trace in syslog, as well as
Alt-SysReq sequences. echo r > /proc/sysrq-trigger doesn't show any effects
either. AFAICT, it doesn't happen with older kernels (2.6.33.2/2.6.27.y).

OS/Hardware:
openSUSE 11.1/i586, KDE3, ASUS P7P55-WS, Xeon X3460, 4 GB.

Any hint on how to debug such an issue is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete