2.6.33.2 does not boot on Atom?

From: Richard Zidlicky
Date: Tue Apr 06 2010 - 16:52:53 EST

Hi,

I have been compiling my own kernels since ages and switched from 2.6.32.8 to
2.6.33.2 now.
Same procedure like allways - copied .config to new buildtree, make menuconfig
(almost nothing changed in config), installed the new kernel on 2 machines.

The 2.6.33.2 kernel works fine on a "Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz"
but on the Atom (Fedora 12) it does not even get to the "uncompressing Linux kernel"
message (I have early printk and such). No Grub error, just blank screen with cursor,
alt-ctrl-del does not work and power does a hard power-off immediately. Booting
other kernels still works, boot partition is 48% full, all image sizes etc seem
fine.

So I am really puzzled.. did anything get changed into the very early boot
sequence?

Richard