Re: Ugly rmap NULL ptr deref oopsie on hibernate (was Linux 2.6.34-rc3)

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Tue Apr 06 2010 - 10:39:51 EST

On 04/06/2010 04:53 AM, KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:

Today, I've reviewed this patch carefully. but I haven't found any bug.

Also, I've runned stress workload with shrink_all_memory() today. but
I couldn't reproduce the issue. hmm.. (perhaps I'm no lucky guy.
I'm frequently fail to reproduce)

I'll continue to work.

My status with this bug is the same - I have gone through
the code from all angles, but have not found any other bugs
yet (except for that leak - which could leave invalid
pointers behind).

This makes me wonder if perhaps the bug is a side effect
of something Borislav (and the other reproducers) have
in their kernel configuration, which we do not have.

Another (unlikely) thing is that the fix for the leak
makes the bug go away. Yes, very unlikely.

Borislav, could you please send us your .config ?

Also, if you have the time, could you try out the
patch (-v2) I mailed in a little up this thread
that fixes the memory leak in anon_vma_fork?

I suspect it should not change anything, but it
could be useful to rule out anyway.