Re: [BUGFIX] Fix AES-NI CTR optimization compiling failure with gas2.16.1

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 09:53:24 EST

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:24:18 +0800 Huang Ying <ying.huang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can you tell me how to setup the building environment with binutils
> 2.16.1? I just build it by hand and make the installed bin directory the
> first one in $PATH.

gcc searches an internal search patch before $PATH. They say this can
be overridden with the -B option or the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment
var.

For once-off stuff I just get dirty and do `make V=1'. Then copy and
paste the gcc command line and add `-v'. Then copy, paste and edit the
various gcc subcommands.