Re: reiserfs issue with 2.6.32.8

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Mon Feb 15 2010 - 01:39:24 EST

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 at 10:23, Bret Towe wrote:
> I recently attempted upgrading from 2.6.31.6 to 2.6.32.8 on a local server
> that runs several filesystems and when trying to move or copy or create a file
> on a reiserfs system that was sitting on lvm over raid5(not sure if
> that matters)
> I would get mv or cp to return Invalid Argument and not doing anything
> moving files from xfs to xfs worked fine tho

I'm running 2.6.32 (and now 2.6.33) with reiserfs filesystems too and
cannot reproduce what you're seeing. Can you run mv/cp through strace and
provide the output? Also, if you can: maybe setting REISERFS_CHECK in your
kernel config might reveal something useful.

Is this reproducible with 2.6.33-rcX as well? If so, I'd recommend to try
again with plain 2.6.32 and if it's still there, I see no other way to
narrow it down but with a git bisection (man git-bisect).

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #216:

What office are you in? Oh, that one. Did you know that your building was built over the universities first nuclear research site? And wow, aren't you the lucky one, your office is right over where the core is buried!