Re: reading /proc/ioports causes OOPS

From: Nikola Ciprich
Date: Sun Feb 14 2010 - 15:52:37 EST

> My guess is that some module got unloaded and didn't unregister its
> ioport reservation, causing a segfault when the kernel tries to read
> the description string. Can you post the full dmesg output from
> bootup up to this point?
Hi, sure,
here it is: http://nelide.cz/downloads/dmesg.log
I see [last_unloaded]: freq_table there, loading the module back doesn't
fix the problem. I could reboot the machine on wednesday, so I can try
reading /proc/ioports just after reboot to see if there is any change...
nik

> --

Nikola CIPRICH
LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.