Re: [kernel.org users] XZ Migration discussion

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun Feb 14 2010 - 00:47:46 EST

On 02/13/2010 12:53 AM, Jean Delvare wrote:

I really dislike this for reasons already stated. Keep in mind that the
compression management is global to the entire archive, not just to the
kernel, too.

How hard a requirement is this? It might be the right time to
reconsider... Tony's plan may not be perfect but overall I think I like
it.

It's pretty darn hard. It makes it particularly messy for the mirrors to ignore it.

-hpa