Re: Brightness control for MacBook Pro - Nvidia 9400

From: Soeren Sonnenburg
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 11:42:23 EST

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 16:28 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 05:25:22PM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
>
> > Is it exposed to userspace in any way? Or, better yet, could we have an
> > MBP backlight driver which would hide all of this from userspace?
>
> Sure, in nouveau.

OK, great convinced. Any suggestions on where to add printk's to figure
out the cause of the hang? The only thing I noticed was the fans turning
on so the machine is either stuck in a busy loop or ???

Soeren
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962