Re: [patch v2 0/4] updated ptrace/core-dump patches for supportingxstate - V2

From: Roland McGrath
Date: Wed Feb 10 2010 - 22:46:21 EST

> We're happy to carry the patches as long as it's okay with you. We were
> mostly wondering if you preferred any other kind of workflow.

When I write patches myself, I always use git, so it is always easy and
most convenient for me to have my own branches pulled directly just to
save on 'git rebase' churn later.

As to a regular workflow of using a well-known branch of mine, I think it
makes sense for me to maintain a branch if there is an area where things
are presumptively merged just on my approval and I'm the one who has to be
lobbied to revert them. I have not heretofore acquired the sensation that
this was the case with any given area of code.

Thanks,
Roland