Re: Improving OOM killer

From: Lubos Lunak
Date: Wed Feb 10 2010 - 16:34:49 EST

On Wednesday 10 of February 2010, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On 02/10/2010 03:54 PM, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > Simply computing the cost of the whole children subtree (or a
> > reasonable approximation) avoids the need for any magic numbers and gives
> > a much better representation of how costly the subtree is, since, well,
> > it is the cost itself.
>
> That assumes you want to kill off that entire tree.

As said in another mail, I think I actually do, since the entire tree is
indentified as the problem. But regardless of that, surely computing the cost
of a forkbomb by computing something that is close to the actual cost of it
is better than trying magic numbers?

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer