Re: Linux wireless GSoC 2010 project ideas

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Sun Jan 31 2010 - 16:21:13 EST

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 22:03 +0100, Witold Sowa wrote:

> Some time ago johill asked me if I would be interested in hacking on
> adding WPS support to NetworkManager. Well, I would but I don't know
> when I'll find some time for that. I don't know how much of work would
> it require, but it possibly could be a topic of one of GSoC 2010
> projects. I have no idea know if anybody would be willing to be a mentor
> for such a project.

Sounds like a good project to me, but I don't think I'd be a good mentor
for since I'm not familiar with the NM codebase at all. As for how much
work it would require, I think the basic client-side functionality could
possibly be "too simple" for you, WPS has a lot of additional
functionality (e.g. WPS support for the AP side).

johannes