Re: Samsung N220 backlight support

From: Greg KH
Date: Sat Jan 30 2010 - 19:36:16 EST

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 07:37:34PM +0100, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Oh, did not notice it was included in mainline already.
> I applied the attached patch. Insmod now gives:
>
> insmod: error inserting 'samsung-laptop.ko': -1 Invalid parameters
>
> and the logs contain the following:
>
> kernel: samsung_laptop: found laptop model 'N220'
> kernel: This computer does not support SABI
>
> What is this SABI and SECLINUX thing about?

It is the BIOS interface that the kernel talks to.

> Do you have a link to any more information?

No, I don't know of any public information on this interface, sorry.

> Is it possible that the N220 does not have this?

Yes, it does not.

> The N220 uses a Pine Train platform (featuring N450 with 64bit support), so I
> installed x86_64 to the device.
>
> I would be glad to test whatever you give me.

I'm sorry, but I am not allowed to make any changes to the driver to
support other laptops at this time, but I can accept patches written by
others.

Yeah, it sucks, sorry.

greg k-h