Re: PROBLEM: reproducible crash KVM+nf_conntrack all recent 2.6 kernels

From: Jon Masters
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 06:21:25 EST

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 11:19 +0200, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> > RIP: 0010:[<ffffffff813b4115>] [<ffffffff813b4115>] destroy_conntrack+0x82/0x114
>
> Rebuild kernel with CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y.
> Double sure conntracking is compiled-in.
> Then run
>
> addr2line -e vmlinux $RIP
>
> it will tell exact line where kernel is oopsing.

I posted a followup with that detail later in the thread. In every case
the kernel has CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO set, and in the latter example I posted
I had turned on almost every other debugging option. I currently have a
kernel with netfilter debugging turned on but that's proving harder to
cause to fall over (likely because I changed several other options, so I
will rebuild it to be identical to earlier with just NF debug on).

Jon.