multiple bugs in 2.6.32.4-ZEN5 : EIP@SpinLock+10 / SATA Exception Frozen / no MTRR

From: Alexander Oberhuber
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 12:53:32 EST

Well, I played for a while with Slax-Remix, and it spurts out quite many errors at me, all centered around bugs that appear to be kernel bugs. But first:

a) My Hardware: Motherboard: MSI-Neo3-FR "7514" ; Intel CPU Quadcore Q6600, 4 GB RAM. Graphiccard: ATI Radeon 4850.
Various SATA HD drives connected to the mainboard. Slax-Remix 3 booted from a (slow!) "Maxell 8GB" USB-stick.

Used Kernel : 2.6.32.4-ZEN5 as in the Distribution "Slax-Remix v0.3" ( http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=view&parentID=55706 )

Now, to the
b) Bugs:

1.) When I boot into graphics mode, it sometimes happens that the KDE splash screen appears, "Starting up KDE", then the icons on the splash screen start blinking, and the third icon, the "heart" icon KEEPS blinking and nothing continues.
Curious, I booted into text mode, ran "xconfig", then I used "startx". Same bug again. So I forcedly switched into text mode using CTRL-F1 and checked the text screen for errors. There was a syslogd error appearing in the textscreen. I'm too lazy to write it down, but I made a screenshot:

http://666kb.com/i/bg6wrh1c9lusg2bhd.jpg : "Message from Syslog.... -> EIP @ SpinLock + 0x10 ...

2.) A few minutes, while I was trying to fetch my cam and make a foto of the bug, another bug spurted at me, the kernel didn't like whatever was supposed to be on SATA9 :

http://666kb.com/i/bg6wu3xlexssqg4v5.jpg : "ATA9 : ...Exception EMASK...Frozen..." and several other errors.

A "Failed to identify" message appeared a couple of times, just below: http://666kb.com/i/bg6wvzfds8sk8sckh.jpg

3.) When I tried to reboot my poor machine (which was left alone for a couple of hours in the meantime, while I was away) I noticed that SLAX-remix didn't want to remove the loop-devices that were linked to the modules:
http://666kb.com/i/bg6wxky1e3d030gip.jpg : "Transport endpoint [of the loop] is not connected". How comes? I didn't deactivate anything...I only went shopping! :-)

4.) I also got a "no MTRR" message in the reboot screen :
http://666kb.com/i/bg6wzeks8vxhsyd29.jpg

Yours
A.O.