Re: Problems Receiving UDP Broadcasts on Some Versions of Linux

From: Curt Sampson
Date: Tue Jan 26 2010 - 19:37:59 EST

On 2010-01-25 09:10 +0100 (Mon), Eric Dumazet wrote:

> > The short summary is that on two very similar servers on the same
> > network, an application that listens for broadcast UDP packets on a
> > given port works fine on the Ubuntu 8.04/Linux 2.6.24-26-server box but
> > does not receive the packets on the Ubuntu 9.04/Linux 2.6.28-17-server
> > box.
>
> Could you post a sample of tcpdump trafic you receive on the 9.04
> host, and your network config ? "ifconfig -a"

I've added both to the end of the StackOverflow entry:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2130563/udp-broadcast-reception-problems-with-ubuntu-9-04-but-not-8-04

Again, please cc me on any responses; I'm on neither the linux-kernel
nor netdev lists.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@xxxxxxxxx> +81 90 7737 2974