Re: BUG at mm/slab.c:2990 with 2.6.33-rc5-tuxonice

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Tue Jan 26 2010 - 15:59:32 EST

Matt Mackall wrote:
On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 07:39 +1100, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
Hi.

Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
Hi,

I hit a bug at mm/slab.c:2990 with .33-rc5.
Unfortunately nothing more is available than a screen picture with a
crash dump, although it is a good one.
The bug was hit almost at the end of a hibernation cycle with
Tux-on-Ice, while saving memory contents to an encrypted swap
partition.

The image is here http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9634/mmslab.jpg (150 kb)

Hopefully it is of any use for you. Please let me know if you need any
more info.
Looks to me to be completely unrelated to TuxOnIce - at least at a first
glance.

Ccing the slab allocator maintainers listed in MAINTAINERS.

Not sure if this will do us any good, it's the second oops.

Looks like slab corruption to me which is usually not a slab bug but caused by buggy callers. Is CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB enabled?