Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/5] usb: otg: add notifier support

From: Felipe Balbi
Date: Tue Jan 26 2010 - 14:17:24 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 08:09:34PM +0100, Balbi Felipe (Nokia-D/Helsinki) wrote:
well, if you have access to twl5031 docs you'd understand what I'm
talking about, the charger detection involves at least 3 blocks on
twl5031 plus musb to enable/disable pullups. The sequence is pretty much
as below:

there's more which I forgot:

1. vbus irq
2. usb_gadget_disconnect()
3. disable usb ldos

3.1 put transceiver in non-drivig mode

4. switch usb3v1 supply from vbat to vbus (to let charger detection work
on low bat)
5. enable usb3v1 *only*
6. call the notifier chain
7. BCC module kicks charger detection
8. disable usb3v1
9. switch usb3v1 supply back to vbat

9.1 put transceiver back to normal mode

10. enable usb ldos
11. usb_gadget_connect() (necessary since we might be connected to
charging port)

now it should be all fine.

--
balbi