Re: gpio_keys and how PXA27x sets gpio_set_wake() (was Re: sharp c-3000 aka spitz: fix warn_on introduced in 2.6.32-rc1)

From: Stanislav Brabec
Date: Tue Jan 26 2010 - 05:43:17 EST

Eric Miao wrote:
> 2010/1/26 Stanislav Brabec <utx@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Handling platform specific edge/level wake setup would only complicate
> > the code. (In fact, even the PXA270 platform code does not exist yet -
> > arch/arm/mach-pxa/mfp-pxa2xx.c:__mfp_config_gpio() is not capable to
> > configure Power Manager Keyboard Wake-Up Enable Register (PKWR).)
> That's why WAKEUP_ON_EDGE_* is introduced, no need for gpio-keys
> to know this.

But WAKEUP_ON_EDGE_* is impossible for GPIO 95,
enable_irq_wake()/gpio_set_wake() returns EINVAL and disable_irq_wake()
complains on "Unbalanced IRQ 191".

In case of Zaurus, gpio_keys.c have to live with wakeup on level (PKWR)
when using enable/disable_irq_wake().

> > The problem affects gpio_keys: It is a driver implementing "one key per
> > gpio". It now handles On/Off and lid switches on Zaurus. Lid switches
> > are on "normal" GPIOs, On/Off switch is wired to PKWR capable GPIO.
> Ain't On/Off switch one of the matrix key? And so SPITZ_GPIO_KEY_INT
> could be used to handle that?

No. On/Off is connected directly to GPIO 95. Other keys use strobe/sense
matrix keypad.

SPITZ_GPIO_KEY_INT is a bit unspecific. I think it means: Charger was
inserted or key was pressed or On/Off was pressed.