Re: High pitch noise when ACPI processor module is loaded.

From: Sitsofe Wheeler
Date: Mon Jan 25 2010 - 17:38:36 EST

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 03:46:06PM -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> It would be nice if it were possible to find out what is causing it exactly
> in the acpi cpufreq module, as this problem does not occur in Windows 7 and
> I can achieve 3.6GHz in Windows 7 w/out any high pitch noise.

That may well be related to the interrupt frequency the kernel is
running with. I remember reading that a lower HZ were less likely to
cause chip whine on some machines...

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_pitch_noises#Change_the_timer_interrupt_frequency

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/