Re: [lm-sensors] Status of Andigilog asc7621 driver submitted by George Joseph on 2008-05-29

From: Constantine A. Murenin
Date: Sun Jan 24 2010 - 02:58:47 EST

2010/1/24 Jaswinder Singh Rajput <jaswinderlinux@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Constantine A. Murenin
> <mureninc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 24/01/2010, Jaswinder Singh Rajput <jaswinderlinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Many new Intel Motherboards are coming with this chip, if we complete
>>>  this driver then it will be great.
>>
>> Really?
>
> Yes, http://www.intel.com/products/server/motherboard/index.htm?iid=mbd_body+sv_all
>

> I have checked with Intel® Workstation Board WX58BP :

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/wx58bp/sb/CS-030316.htm
«
Spares, Parts List and Configuration Guide [PDF]
File Name: WX58BP Config Guide 1.0.pdf
Size: 76,709 bytes
Date: April 2009
File Revision: 1.0
»

The board seems old, or, at least, old enough to be designed when
Andigilog still existed. :-)

> Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
> Just press ENTER to continue:
>
> Driver `to-be-written':
>  * Bus `SMBus I801 adapter at 2000'
>    Busdriver `i2c_i801', I2C address 0x2e
>    Chip `Andigilog aSC7621' (confidence: 5)
>
> Driver `coretemp':
>  * Chip `Intel Core family thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)
>
> Note: there is no driver for Andigilog aSC7621 yet.
> Check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for updates.
>
> Do you want to overwrite /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no): YES
> Starting lm_sensors: loading module coretemp               [  OK  ]
> Unloading i2c-dev... OK
>
> You can also check with other intel motherboards.
>
>> My understanding was that the company, Andigilog, no longer
>> seem to exist since at least a couple of months ago (I don't recall
>> the exact dates their web-site was taken down without any notice, but
>> currently the domain has no information regarding semiconductors
>> whatsoever [0]).  It would therefore seem somewhat strange if Intel
>> was still using these chips in their recent designs — do you have some
>> concrete examples?  Anyone has any more details regarding Andigilog
>> and their products?
>>

> http://who.is/whois/andigilog.com/
>
> These motherboards are build in Taiwan, China. I have no idea that how
> they are getting these chips but you can see them in your latest Intel
> motherboards ;-)

Well, a better link would have been:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.andigilog.com/

:-)