Re: [patch] x86: set hotpluggable nodes in nodes_possible_map

From: Haicheng Li
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 22:00:17 EST

Yinghai Lu wrote:

if (ma->flags & ACPI_SRAT_MEM_HOT_PLUGGABLE) {
update_nodes_add(node, start, end);
/* restore nodes[node] */
*nd = oldnode;
if ((nd->start | nd->end) == 0)
node_clear(node, nodes_parsed);
}

removing clearing with nodes_parsed is not working?

YH

Yinghai,

Theoretically removing clearing with nodes_parsed can work fine except that it requires more consideration, since some functions already based on nodes_parsed, like acpi_get_nodes(), is supposing nodes_parsed just represents for nodes with memory on.

See my another email to David, I think we'd better keep hotpluggable node info separately since it is straightforward as well as would be useful for future hotplug related usage. How do you think about it? thanks.

-haicheng