Re: [RFC] perf_events: support for uncore a.k.a. nest units

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 16:33:50 EST

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 14:34 +0100, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> So how about PERF_TYPE_{CORE,NODE,SOCKET} like things?

OK, so I read most of the intel uncore stuff, and it seems to suggest
you need a regular pmu event to receive uncore events (chained setup),
this seems rather retarded since it wastes a perfectly good pmu event
and makes configuring all this more intricate...

A well, nothing to be done about that I guess..