Re: [patch] kbuild: improve version string logic

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Mon Jan 18 2010 - 10:53:55 EST

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Michal Marek wrote:

> > Michal, where are you hosting your git tree? Are you going to be taking
> > over kbuild-next on git.kernel.org?
>
> git://repo.or.cz/linux-kbuild.git for-next
> (http://repo.or.cz/w/linux-kbuild.git). Maybe I should ask for an
> account in git.kernel.org account and move it there, you're not the
> first one to wonder where to find the tree :).

Yes, I think it is preferred.

I know, I know, the proper URL is listed in MAINTAINERS file ... still, I
believe that what most people do when looking for particular git tree is
going to http://git.kernel.org/ and looking around there.

So having the tree there really helps to give it much more exposure than
on some random git hosting.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.