Re: ATA error with Asus A7VX board

From: Neil Schemenauer
Date: Sat Jan 16 2010 - 14:02:58 EST

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 01:21:03PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I would reseat the cables (replace if you can), after that either
> the drive or the power supply are suspects. since changing P/S is
> a PITA for test, if you have some monster video card you might
> pull it and put in something low power.

I will try changing the cable since it is possible it got damaged
when I changed the board. The power supply is a brand new Antec so I
think it's okay. Alan suggested it is a problem with the drive. I'm
willing to accept that but it's odd that the drive worked perfectly
fine for months with the old board.

Neil