Re: [PULL] pull request for writable limits for 2.6.33-rc0

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sat Jan 02 2010 - 16:52:38 EST

* Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm, so this seems to have missed thw 2.6.33 merge window, being dropped in
> a silent way.
>
> Linus, is there any reason you have not pulled this for .33 (I can't see any
> objections from previous reviews), or was this just forgotten?

I think a "why do we want this badly" blurb would be helpful for next time
around, to justify the impact to the core kernel:

And, maybe, if you know about pros/cons of the approach, list them as well.
The patches looked reasonably clean when i last saw them, and i havent seen
anyone comment pro or contra - and that's both good and bad: good because
there's no 'contra' opinion - bad because there's no 'pro' opinion either.

Ingo