Re: NFS lockdep lock misordering mmap_sem<->i_mutex_key with2.6.32-git1

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 19:53:33 EST

> If you want to work around the problem rather than going for something

I am mostly interested in making the ugly warning on my systems
go away, preferably without breaking anything in the process.
Whatever works.

> like Peter's split up of the mmap() callback, then I'd suggest changing
> to using nfs_revalidate_mapping_nolock() instead. The fact that we are
> seeing these lock misordering warnings is proof that the call to
> nfs_revalidate_mapping() is not always a no-op.

I would say the interesting question is if there is really a expectation
that mmap does this kind of synchronization?

Why in mmap, not somewhere else?

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.