2.6.32 build problem on Mint 8 (kubuntu-9.10 i86-x64)

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 14:26:45 EST

Greetings;

I just tried to build 2.6.32 for for that Mint 8 install by using mc to copy
the src's over, then did a "chown -R gene:gene linux-*", cd'd into the tree
and typed 'make xconfig' but it errors out, can't find the qt-mt stuff
installed on the *buntu's.

The I tried a 'make menuconfig' which also quits quickly because it can't
find the ncurses stuff either.

At this point, maybe I should have tried as root rather than as a common
user, me, but I'm told its better not to build this stuff as root.

I took some pix, where should I post them?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Windows 95 never has bugs. It just develops random features.