Re: Q: Why I do have to restart alsa everytime after a resume from disk/ram ? Is this alsa- or kernel or config related??

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 19:00:29 EST

On 12/11/2009 03:21 AM, Christian Hartmann wrote:
hello list,

everytime I suspended to disk or to ram, regardless of the used kernel
(git or stable from distri), I must restart alsa to hear sound again.
searched google and tried a lot but still the same awful behaviour.
Has anybode some suggestions for me? is this alsa related ? or is this
a kernel issue which could be dealt here?

I'm not sure what you mean by restarting ALSA, do you mean reloading the audio device module or something?

You didn't mention which kind of sound hardware you were using either..