RE: GPIO support for HTC Dream

From: H Hartley Sweeten
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 18:50:37 EST

On Friday, December 11, 2009 4:29 PM, Russell King wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:10:15PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
>> +#include <linux/gpio.h>
>> +#include <mach/gpio.h>
>> +#include <asm/gpio.h>
>
> Emm, this is getting really silly.
>
> include/linux/gpio.h:
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_GENERIC_GPIO
> #include <asm/gpio.h>
> #else
> #endif
>
> arch/arm/include/asm/gpio.h:
>
> #include <mach/gpio.h>
>
> There really is no point in including mach/gpio.h nor asm/gpio.h when
> linux/gpio.h will do. I'm retiscent to add #warnings or #errors into
> these files, but it seems that this is such a common thing that it may
> be beneficial to do so.

Hi Russell,

I think you mentioned last year around this time, when the big header
move occurred, that you were going to add a guideline for mach/*.h
headers to Documentation/arm. Maybe it's time to add that patch and
just note that the <linux/*.h> version of the common headers should
be used and that the <asm/*.h> and <mach/*.h> header gets pulled in
automatically.

I think the two big ones that everyone screws up are, <linux/gpio.h>
and <linux/io.h>.

Regards,
Hartley